Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Poem for My Sons First Birthday!

Linkin,
A year ago today,
You were still in my belly and on the way,
You arrived in the peak of afternoon,
A little over a month too soon.
You struggled with every breath,
Our hell, our deepest fear of possible death.
The doctors swooped you away,
I sat, folded my fingers and did what was best, pray.
The hospital that we were at didn't have what you needed,
Off to another in an ambulance they speeded.
Left behind with your health to me unknown,
Your daddy was with you, second best to me, other than if I had a clone.
In the dead of that cold first night,
Alone and scared with my thoughts, I prayed for you to fight.
Packed and on my way in an ambulance,
Nothing took my mind off of you, not even the turbulence.
Passing by rooms with newborn cry,
I longed for you to be nearby.
Your daddy had to go for fear he had the flu,
Pleaded and begging they brought me to you.
Tubes and wires, hooked up to numbers, I could feel my heart race,
The nurses rushed to find me a doctor, they saw the fear in my face.
He will be okay they all said,
A week he'll need to stay, my body, my mood all felt the dread.
The next morning the doctors pointed,
His numbers need to be much higher, we are hopeful, not disappointed.
I took you into my arms with tubes and wire,
Skin to skin I held you close to hear my heart, this I never did tire.
I watched before my very eyes as those numbers did climb,
Most tubes and wires were removed by evening time.
The snow outside started to fall,
Which just made your middle name Frost mean so much more to us all.
In two days time, after close doctors care,
It was time for your dad, all better, to bring us home with snow everywhere.
This my dear is how it all began,
You are my sweet, kind and loving little man.
Happy birthday from now until the end,
Mommy and daddy love you with transcend!
~Author Tina Morton aka Krissy~

No comments:

Post a Comment