Friday, January 9, 2015

Fenugreek to Help the Milky Milk Flow.

With my second son I started using Fenugreek to help with lactation. It helped! My breasts did get engorged but the feeling of making food for my baby out weighed any discomfort. Fenugreek is a plant and the seeds are what is used for the capsules. When I took it, it made me feel like a walking, breathing pancake. YUP, PANCAKE! Fenugreek smells like maple syrup. When taken it can make your sweat glands and urine smell like your morning breakfast. I still haven't finished the first bottle that I bought 11 months ago. The serving size is 3 at a time. In the beginning I took 3, 4 times a day. I was a super pancake. Here is a link on the other great things that Fenugreek can help with: Fenugreek

There is also Mothers Milk Tea and NON alcoholic beer that can help bring in the milk. I haven't tried these methods but have heard from friends and nurses that have, with good review.  I did find that eating granola seems to help. It was one of the staples while in our extended stay at the hospital. I feel that it was my body that knew it needed it and craved it. Even now 11 months later I find eating granola seems to engorge my breasts. 

I bought my Fenugreek at Fred Meyer. You will find it in the herbal department. You can also find Mother's Milk Tea in the same section.

What have you used to get your milky milk flowing? Have you used Fenugreek? Did you smell like a pancake too?!



No comments:

Post a Comment