Thursday, January 8, 2015

Welcome to Babies and Boogers

Welcome to Babies and Boogers! I am excited to finally start this blog. I love everything babies. From pregnancy, birth, infancy, breastfeeding (nursing) to full grown kid! My ears perk up anytime I hear someone say they are pregnant or I hear a baby cry. I could sit and talk for days about it all. What better way to talk about it than with you, my readers and fellow baby lovers!

I have had my fair share of babies. I had many baby dolls as a child and always talked about being a mommy. I held my first baby at age 10 and fell in love. From there I would go to work with my sister at a daycare and help her. Did a childcare program in my high school. Nannied on summer breaks. While in college for Early Childhood Education, I ended up working at the same daycare as my sister did. I became a Kindergarten teacher for a short time but longed to work with infants. Finally the day came and I got to work with nearly 100 different babies over 7 years. I still dream of working with my dear friend Judi that taught me all I know about babies.

Life changed and I ended up working at Intel for a short time. I fell in love with my high school sweetheart and I soon became pregnant with my first son Gabriel. Feeling very confident in my roll as a soon to be mommy, I still researched everything I could. My bundle of joy came and I was beaming from ear to ear.

Six years pass and I hadn't become pregnant again, I had accepted that it wasn't meant to be. Giving away the last little bit of clothes that I had hanging in my closet and moving on with my happy sweet six year old son. Feeling nauseous, sore breasts and frequent potty runs, I had a suspicion that I might be with child. I ran to my local dollar store (not spending $20 on a suspicion!) gabbed some sticky buns and a pregnancy test. Came home while husband was at work and son was at school, dropped the three drops of urine on to the targeted spot and watched. There wasn't any setting down and walking away, it was all eyes watching the liquid line move across the magical spot. Test line turned pink. Pregnancy line PINK! I was pregnant again! I couldn't hardly believe it! I was in complete shock! My hands shaking and adrenaline coursing threw me. I WAS PREGNANT! Tears of disbelief and joy soaked my face. I was ready to fill my head up with even more pregnancy and baby related knowledge.

Complicated pregnancy with gestational diabetes with insulin injections followed me from nearly the very beginning. It was a learning curve to get the hang of the new diet but not impossible and lost healthy weight while pregnant. I was far healthier than any time in my life. My 19 week ultra sound showed baby boy number 2. I couldn't be more happy! At 35 weeks I developed preeclampsia and was at a dangerous seizure level. The doctors induced. My sweet dear Linkin had a hard time breathing and they packed him up in this glass box and sent him and my husband to a different hospital while I stayed behind. When you have preeclampsia they give you magnesium to help, but it makes you very loopy and weak. I am thankful for that or I might have had an anxiety attack not being with my baby. A few hours later I was with baby again and with a very short stay in the NICU and then in general peds I brought him home.

Now I sit here writing my story and ready to share different parts of our life. I want to share tips, tricks, things I've learned and reviews on pregnancy, postpartum,
toys, baby foods, breastfeeding, car seats, diapers, creams, you name it!

So here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment