Sunday, January 11, 2015

NUK VS MAM Who Will Win?

If you decide that a binki (pacifier) is right for you, you go into the store, stand at the wall and nearly scream in frustration at the amount of choices! Lots of people stick to the one they get in the hospital.
But when this binki gets lost and you replace it with the doppelgangers from the store you will find that baby just doesn't see it to be the same as the all and mighty hospital one. 
With my older son I don't recall why I pick NUK as the choice. In any case, he seemed to really like it. I found them convenient as far as travel. The loop on the front makes it easy to attach a binki leash or stick your finger in while doing other things. I even would put them on my nursing tank straps. (Unhook place binki loop on strap and hook again) I mainly did this while at home or when we would go to the pool. 
When I was pregnant with my youngest son, I registered with Target for my baby shower. They give you this neat pack of goodies when you do this. It has a sample diaper, sample lotion, a baby toy, lots of coupons and a binki made by MAM. As you will start to see in posts to come, I love bunny rabbits! The binki that came in the gift pack had a bunny on it. I was SOLD! It was gender natural and perfect. The newborn size was perfect for my little premi and soothed him well. He didn't even think twice after switching out the hospital binki. I have found the binki leash is a must for travel. When babies are young their sucking is erratic and you'll find yourself cleaning that binki a bunch.They make special leashes for MAM because they don't have the loop.

At this point I would say that NUK is winning with the loop. Even though I was sold because of the rabbit!

Here is the final win:
MAM makes Glow in the Dark Pacifiers! I do believe NUK does but I have not seen them in stores around here, just online. I can't tell you enough what a life saver it is. How I managed to sleep nights with my first son with out it; oh wait, I remember now. A million binkies in bed with us! I charge it up with my phone flash light right before bed for only a few seconds and it lasts all night.  The push far over the finish line for me, is that they have blue bunny glow in the dark binkies! 

I found my MAM Glow in the Dark Pacifiers at BabiesRUs.

What kind of binki do you use?


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I used the hospital one until my oldest found his thumb. Don't let them find their thumb!!

    ReplyDelete